Where the Wind Comes Sweeping Down the Plain...

Oklahoma! The Goats

Hi guys!! I've missed my blogger family... Although, I will not lie, being without wifi for 8 days was sort of nice... I was "unplugged" and totally in tune with my country girl self... 

My trips home are like a gigantic tension release for me. Which is funny, because when I tell others this, they say visits home for them are the complete opposite. I love going home. And my kids do too. I can breathe here.  It's a lot of freedom, comfort, familiar faces and places, dirt roads, golf carts, home made water slides, hide and seek, star gazing, firework popping, cousin seeing, cup cake eating, mud pie making, stick sword fighting, fish catching.... the list could go on and on. We did lots of stuff and also had days of doing nothing at all... It was awesome, as always. 

I took photos along the way... (of course.)  I threw my Canon in my bag and off we went. I will try to keep some sort of order here. I will post the days as we spent them.. Hope you like day one pictures, if you like goats, you will love them. Ha! :) My kids helped me pick the photos from this day. Funny how animals are easier to photograph than people. (in my opinion)... But, I think goats are ugly. Big, grown up goats are anyway. But these babies are pretty darn cute. And my kids were ecstatic about them, which makes me smile.

 On the day we arrived, the big news was that the mama goat had babies the week before. So, the first pictures on my camera are of the goats. The kids LOVE the goats. And now that there are babies, well, it was hard to pull them away. The pictures to follow will be of our days of doing what we do in OK, enjoying family and being totally silly.... Enjoy!

baby goat (or kid) #1

baby goat (or kid) #2
girls and papa checking them out
mama goat (that snoot!) Also called a dam or nanny, now that she's a mama
daddy goat (or billy goat) That beard! ick.


That cute baby looking at it's mama! The one on the left is mad she hasn't had hers yet...
Having fun with papa and a dirty old wheelbarrow!




Comments

Popular Posts