In the Blink of an Eye.

Lately I have been so emotional about my babies growing up. I think back to my newborn twins and I have no idea where the time has gone. One minute I was this first time mommy latching in two car seats for these tiny miracles I carried around with absolutely no idea what to do. What to expect. What to think. I thought of how lucky I was. I thought of how fragile they looked. I thought my heart would burst it was so full. I thought, "I will never let anyone hurt you." I thought, "this is the best thing I have ever done." 

Fast forward. The next minute I am mommy of four and my fragile twins have become strong, busy little bees with social activities and sports. No longer fragile. No longer needy. No longer tiny. I guess I am having a hard time with them running in after school wanting to 'face time' their friends and go to the gym and no longer wanting to play dress up and do my make up... We all know they are going to grow up. We know it will happen. But, somehow, we just aren't prepared for it. Ever. 

I just want to know when my little girls became little ladies. I am so proud of them. I love them so. Sometimes they let me brush their hair.. They still let me put braids in and do their lip gloss. They like to watch tv with me and ask for my help with homework. And all of these little things I will try not to take for granted. Because if there is one thing I know, these moments will be gone in the blink of an eye.

Just like when they went from this: (excuse the scanned in photo)





To this:


Comments

  1. Seriously have watery eyes right now! Beautiful little ladies, but can't believe how much it feels like yesterday we were snuggling them as tiny little babies! Thank God they are growing up, because as have I haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem like yesterday, CB. And it also seems like yesterday you were in that Strawberry Queen (or something like that) Pageant! Just a little girl yourself! Where does the time go?

      Delete
  2. oh, how i understand. maxi, keep up being a rocking mother.

    go win,

    gregory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg! These kids are growing up before our very eyes. Thanks for the encouragement. You keep being the awesome dad that you are!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts