Day Eight | Sweat and Sweet

I'm writing this in a bit of a hurry this morning, as I will need to present you with not one, not two, but three posts today! You see, I did not plan this little challenge out very well.. (another thing I'm not very good at... pre-planning.) I will be out of town for days nine and ten, and without my computer, photo editing necessities, etc... So, my big plan is to post a few morning pics now and a few more this evening to make up for nine and ten. Deal? Deal. I better get going, I've got a lot of pictures to take today! Happy Sunday! And happy happy Fourth of July! I promise to have a wealth of pictures to show when we return... of our trip home... :) Can't wait!


Sweat. And the story behind it:  I am trying to become a runner. I was not born a runner. I do not like running. I ran cross country in high school, but that was only because I was semi-forced to do so to stay in shape for basketball. So, this is big for me. I figured out a way to make it a challenge for myself. (I'm all about challenges.) If I can just beat my previous mile time, AND go further each day, it is considered a success. I was feeling pretty good about my progress, until today, when I took my 11 year old girls with me. And they smoked me. Absolutely smoked me. We're talking by, like 3.5 minutes a mile faster. I'll keep you posted on my progress.  


My little running partner cooling off. Sweaty hair and all...


Sweet:  And so, while we were torturing ourselves on our run, Dad was picking up these:

Which everyone enjoyed but me.
Cash Man 
throwing that donut down!






Comments

Popular Posts