Champions to Me

In addition to photography, I have another love. Basketball. Oh boy do I get pumped up about it. Probably too pumped up, actually, but oh well. I am that parent. The one no one wants to sit by. Or even sit on the the same row as. I can't help it. I'm spirited. :) Especially with this group of exceptional girls. (And one really cute coach!) 


My twins have played with most of these girls for 5 seasons, I think? And my husband coaches. The darling assistant coach is one of my really close buds, so yes, I have a lot vested in this team of champions! This looked to be our year... Going in to the tournament #1 seed. We dominated in game one, then lost in the championship. It was hard to take. But we took it gracefully, respectfully, and forgot about it 10 minutes later. :) Such is basketball for 11 year old girls. 


I absolutely love all of these players and coaches! They are delightful! I stuck my camera in their little faces after the game, and I'm sure they are tired of me always having that Canon hanging around my neck, but hey, that's what I do. Yell at referees and take pictures. Ha! 


Great season, Lightning. Looking forward to the next one. 


Pictures shot in a very dim-lit gym with fluorescent  lights. (yikes). Shot with my Canon XSi, zoom lens 55-250mm 1:4-5.6. Tricky lighting situation.. I did the best I could. Maybe not the greatest photos on earth, but special to me, just like the subjects. Here are a few of my favorites!


awesome group
giving her teammate props




Win as a team, Lose as a team. After tournament huddle.

 You rocked it, girls. Don't worry, Winter ball is coming up. Who will I yell at in the meantime? ;)


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts