The Fish Whisperer

The last of our Oklahoma trip pics... We always go fishing. At least once. And let me tell you, I half love it, half dread it. This is why. Twin #2 catches EVERYTHING. She no more throws in that hook and she's got a bite. She's also the one who really doesn't even care about fishing.  Twin #1 catches NOTHING.  And she cares a great deal. About fishing and about her sister always catching something very, very easily. Isn't this always the way? So, you see, while I love the time spent on the bank with rods, reels, and my kiddos, I can see the writing on the wall. At least one crying. At least. My youngest girl, she thinks fish are gross. You'll see it written all over her face.


Well, here we go. We get to the lake, put hot dog pieces on our hooks, (yes, we fish with weenies) and toss in the line. Boom. C gets hers, not 10 seconds in. Tears come a flowin'. And as the fish whisperer reels it in, she is smiling like she won the lottery. I knew one thing, I was going to stay there sweating to death all night if I had to for twin 2, C, to catch something. Anything. Finally, she did. She caught one. It was bigger than her sister's. Thank the Lord.  


Although she only caught one, she was happy with that. Until, on the way home, her sister had to remind her that she had caught six. Ugh. It was a fun time nonetheless. Of course I had the camera, and captured all of the highs and lows... We did some bonding out there. And that is far more important than who caught what. They'll understand that some day. Right?


I love this shot
You see? Happy as a clam.
So mad. She can't stand it.

This one couldn't care less.
This thing is gross.


She doesn't even like to hold her fishing pole when there is a fish on it. Ha!


Finally! Smiles all around!




Comments

Popular Posts