Flags, Fireworks, and FUN!

The 4th of July. One of my top three favorite holidays. My children's second, next to Christmas... It's true meaning on it's own makes it a favorite, but also the tradition it carries with it for us. We do the same thing every year. We buy fireworks at the same local place I used to go  when I was 10. We pop some early. We cook. We have a family party. Where we eat, drink, and be merry. Then we light the punks and go to town popping our firecrackers! It's so fun. I love the kid's enthusiasm.. the look on their faces when that fuse hisses.. They scream and run! It's the best. I love to pop them too... I scream and run just like they do. And everyone makes fun of me. :) 


Here are some pics of my little firecrackers.. Having the time of their lives.




cousins
cousin creek
driving the cart
my grandfather
can I please light these smoke balls?
You took away my punk.
sweet macey



 After all of the day's festivities, we watch the firework show that a nearby town puts on from the bedroom window where the kids sleep. That's one good thing about the flatness of Oklahoma... You can see the entire sky for miles and miles... Waiting a whole year for the next 4th of July celebration is hard. Already looking forward to it! 




Comments

Popular Posts