The Hazy Days of Summer...

This was my first experience shooting pictures on the beach, (other than some snapshots from Cancun Spring Break,1993)... That mysteriously disappeared, Thank goodness. ;)  

So, to say it was a challenge is maybe a bit of an understatement.  It is, as we all know, very bright on the beach... Sun glaring, light sand, water, reflections... A lot to consider. 

These particular photos were taken in the morning with the sun behind the water. As I started snapping, the kids were like little shadows. With a few changes, I was able to capture the shots, but with lots of flare and haze. But, what I learned is.. If you are at the beach, this is how you see it... Bright. Hazy. Glaring Sun. If you are going to freeze that moment, I guess capturing it as naturally as possible is a good thing. I happen to like haze and glare, some do not. In these pictures I pulled from the bunch, you can definitely tell it was bright. When I look at them, I remember exactly what it looked like that morning. Isn't that what a photograph is supposed to do after all?

 Enjoy. More to come tomorrow. Muah! I love you all!!












Comments

Popular Posts