Lights, Camera, "Action!"

Hi friends!.... For those of you who have no idea what an action is.. I'll do my best to explain. It is an extremely useful timesaver when you find yourself using the same steps in editing over and over on images. You can somehow merge them all into one "action" that you can then use with the click of a button. Lots of photographers create these "actions" of their techniques and pass them off to others. I, however, have only been on the receiving end of these. I have no idea how to create one, but am truly grateful to those of you who do! 


Today, I have been playing around with these new actions for PSE from My Four Hens Photography. Because that is what you do when you haven't taken any new pictures lately. (Guess it is time for a new 10 day challenge!) You just keep editing the old ones in different, new ways. It's a great way to get to know your way around photoshop! Or, if you get some new editing goodies, it is SO much fun to explore. I'll bore you no longer, and get right to the before and afters... 


I still have no idea if afters is a proper word. Oh dear. Afters. Now I keep repeating it to see if it sounds right... Goodness. I'll just say, "here are the before and after shots." Enjoy. I will try to have some new material for you in the a.m.! 


Straight out of camera photos are first in all series. Oh boy, the first edited version is my favorite! Canon XSi, various lenses.



SOOC (straight out of camera)
action applied







SOOC
action applied














Comments

Popular Posts