Every Little Thing...

I'm learning to share again. And it ain't easy, friends. From 8:00 to 3:00 I have to share my baby girl. After 5+ years of having her little hand tucked in mine, sitting across from me smiling at lunch, watching cartoons in jammies until who cares when... I have had to share her with lots of folks. This little lady has her first week of kindergarten under her belt. 

Now, I'm not just sharing her with anybody, I know this.. Her sweet teacher, her sweet new friends.. It's important! I know! But, that doesn't mean it's easy. I mean, she's a baby, right? If you are a momma, you know what I'm saying. Or, you will know some day soon. You know it's the right thing, it's good for her. But it sure doesn't feel good leaving her in that big classroom staring down at her page she is to color. Staring a hole into it because she doesn't know what else to look at. Oh! The agony! But they make it through. And you do too. At 3:00 they come skipping out with that backpack twice the size of them and see you. Their momma. A smile spreads across that sweet face and you know that every little thing is gonna be all right. 

We made it through the first week. We will make it through more. Day by long, long day. :)
Good job, Gracie Cate. I am beyond proud of you, my baby. You brave, brave girl. 


You is kind. You is smart. You is important.







Photos taken on the third day of kindergarten. Early morning sun. Canon XSi 50mm 1:1.8


Comments

Popular Posts