Floating

Things do not always go our way. They don't always turn out the way we had planned them out in our heads. Things that you count on don't always pull through for you. And when things like this happen, small or big things, forever or temporary things, it can knock the wind right out of you. You're left there, deflated. defeated. My oldest daughter told me once that she really didn't like the feeling that she had when her poem wasn't chosen as a winner in a contest. Said she just knew that her poem would be liked. She had worked so hard after all... She told me she had counted on that. She wanted recognition and when she didn't get it, she said it made her feel like she was just 'floating to the sky.' I had no idea what she meant. She said, "you know, floating around like a leaf in the wind." All of those feelings over a poem. A poem that was awesome, by the way. She is my sweet deep thinker, that one. And I appreciate that about her every day. She taught me something during that chat two years ago.

I thought more about that today. And how sometimes when things out of our control knock the wind out of us, it is like floating. Looking for solid ground to land on. I hope I was her solid place. And no matter how long or how high that leaf floats, it's a known fact that it will eventually make its way to the ground. We spent some time in the leaves last week.... enjoy. And if you are floating today, I wish you peace. 












Comments

Popular Posts