365: Picture This

If any of you have ever stressed out about how your children (or husband) will act during a family photo session... Stress no more. We have ALL tried to take family photos. It isn't easy, folks.  Chances are, your photographer has been through just about every situation imaginable. And completely understands all that comes with the territory. They embrace it, they love it. It's life! It's kids and craziness and husbands! Sometimes the most trying of moments for mommies, turn out to be the most cherished captures. Fits and crying and hiding from the camera often come with the giggles and smiles and tender moments. It's all good! Even photogs have been through trying to clothe, prepare, and gather the fam for a good ole' picture. Case in point, below...

Picture this. I ask my family members ever so sweetly to please, please leave on your church clothes and shoes for a quick family snapshot when we get home. It will be painless and quick, I promise! 

We walk in the door and Cash strips down completely. 'Underwears' and all. Off. I ignore it and hope my better half will dress him again.  I set up the camera and a black backdrop. Find the remote to my Canon and open the window shades to let in the sunshine. Which has somehow gone away in the last five minutes. Gracie Cate begins to cry. Not sure why. Cash is still naked. 

I promise the two littles that they can trip the remote to take the picture. This makes them semi-happy. I bribe Cash with candy to get him to put on clothes of some sort. The bigs have jacked up the black backdrop. I put on some lipstick. Dad is still lounging in front of the television. Cash comes down asking for his sucker because he has put on the ugliest shirt in his drawer and some basketball shorts from last year. Whoop, whoop, this is fun!

We all sit down. I am going to take this picture, by golly. Now the bigs are emotional because I have sternly asked them not to step all over the backdrop with their uggs. Gracie Cate is still crying. Husband is missing. Cash is happy, but sticky and has on that ugly shirt. I'm ready to go, but fear I'm having an anxiety attack. Everyone sits for a test shot. Here it is: 



Don't they all look happy? LOL. How about that shirt? You can't tell but it is bright red, orange and yellow, and reads, "my game is on fire."

One more tidbit of info:  focus is very hard to achieve (at least for me) from the remote. Look closely, Cash has it in his little hand... 

I run into the shot, last second... Here is the best one of the whole darn day:


LOL. And.... it will be our Christmas card next year, because I am not doing this again.  And a few more so you can get your laughs in...


At least they stopped crying. And we found our sense of humor and embraced it. Love ya peeps. Have a great Tuesday!!





Comments

  1. Luv these pics!! I'm sure you will get similar ones for the Mackies in a few weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts