Miracles...

When I became pregnant with twins, I'll be the first to admit, I was scared to death. I was young, I was clueless, and I was nervous. I was also excited. I knew in an instant, and I remember that moment vividly... I knew I was going to be the best damn mother to these babies that you had ever seen. I began to sing "hush little baby" at night as I lay there with my hand on my tummy. I prayed for them constantly. I changed. I was going to be a mommy.

The night they were born I changed again. When they placed Claudia in my arms, I felt this surge of protectiveness. Two and a half hours later, Chloe was in this world. Guess she felt comfy in my tummy. LOL.  Again, when I held her and looked at her and breathed in her newness, her sweet smell, her perfect skin.. Just like her sissy, I changed again. Now I was a mother of two. I knew that God had given me these perfect little babies straight from Heaven. It was the best thing I had ever done. Happy birthday to my miracles who make me better every day. Who are strong and smart and courageous. Who love so deeply and care so much. Who have little sparkles in their eyes. Who love God. Who are talented and funny. Who are in a word, awesome. I love you. And it is a blessing, privilege, and complete joy to be your mom.



Comments

Popular Posts