Window Light.

Oh my. How I love my girl. The softness of her. Her beauty. Her soul. Her quiet nature. She is a thinker. I appreciate all of the things about her that make her her. Sensitive little thing that she is...

There is a East facing window in her room. I love the morning light it provides. I shoot here a lot in this white chair... In this series of photos, I have several different angles that show the difference that just a slight tilt of the head. Or, angle of the camera. For Gracie Cate, I love facing her directly toward the light source and photographing from the side. Mostly because of the catch lights I can get in her eyes and their beautiful shade of blue. When I face her toward me, however, I love the dramatic shadows and soulful shots I can capture. Fun playing with light.. Fun photographing GC...

This is my task this week.. Light and shadows and shooting the color white. In these photos I used my Canon 5D Mark III, ISO 160, 1/400sec, 50mm/1.8 lens.  The color version first, followed by black and white, because we all know I cannot pass up a moody black and white image. ;)  Have the best wednesday ever, friends. 


















Comments

  1. this is good stuff my friend. have you ever thought about sharing your story in conjunction with the services you provide on film?

    #GoWin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, greg! always encouraging words from you.... goodness, i'm no good on film. :) only with film. however, i saw michael's piece and was truly impressed!!! i'm afraid i would pale in comparison!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts