Hearts. And love. And pictures.

I've been thinking about love today. Of course. Aren't we all? The power it has on us. Over us. Everyone claims it is the greatest of emotions. I agree. Sometimes. But it is also hard. It is easy and difficult at the same time. It is solid but risky. It can be settling and exhausting. It can be elating and deflating. It will take you higher than you've ever been and bring you to your knees. 

So much of our lives are built on it. It is the very air we breathe. It is what makes us whole and what breaks us down. I mean it when I say the very air.. I look at my husband and he still takes my very breath away. Right out of my lungs. He can also make me more mad than I've ever been. Let's face it, we love our better half. We cannot imagine our lives without them. But sometimes they make us crazy. And we make them crazy. No matter what comes our way, however, somewhere down there, that love exists. It saves us.

Love is a leap. It's giving away your whole heart. You trust fully. You fall back, blindly, hoping someone is there to catch you. You risk much. It can be the best of things, the most mysterious of things, the worst of things, and the greatest of rewards. It is saying, "Here you go. I am yours. Please take care of me. Of my heart. Don't drop it. I trust you." Tell me that's not scary...

It's hard to love people sometimes. Through hard times. Through boring times. Through times you don't have answers for. But we do it. And sometimes, just sometimes, we get it right. We persevere. You work your butt off to maintain that love. You work your butt off  to make sure you hold onto that other person's heart with such care that you don't dare drop it. You may misplace it, even neglect it possibly, but it was given to you to keep. And so you do. You nurture it. You give it space, but keep it close. You shelter it. 

Yes, love is certainly complicated. It is real. It makes you feel. It makes you surrender. It can make you strong and it can make you weak. It is always there. I believe in it. If you can make it through the scary stuff, the stuff that threatens to take it away from you, it can be the greatest of satisfaction. You will reach the great stuff. After all, isn't it always awesome to beat the odds? That is the real triumph. What makes us, our hearts, our loves, our marriages stronger than most anything. Coming out on the other side victorious. 

I think the secret might be finding what is important to you and holding onto it tightly.  As tightly as you can. Because there will be a lot of things in this big world trying to take it away. So go tell your honey you love them today. And hold on tight. Because LOVE WINS.

And because I need you to smile, here are a few pics of my little cuties before their Valentine's Day parties...














Comments

Popular Posts