The Periodic Table Still Hurts my Head.

Whoops... I sort of disappeared over the weekend! So sorry, friends. I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Soccer games galore. And the social life of tween twins kept me hopping as well. Speaking of the twosome I so adore... I was wondering, were we learning the periodic table in the sixth grade? Because I don't remember much in the sixth, other than running around on the playground, playing dodgeball in PE, looking forward to the rectangle shaped pizza at lunch and my friends. Oh, and a book report or two thrown in there somewhere. Maybe some typing on an old school typewriter.

My goodness. Last night, it was tears and screaming at each other during homework time. Which drug on for 3 hours. Holy moly. We learned the periodic table, various facts about latitude and longitude, the prime meridian, what the weather is like on the South Pole, some math I was no help with, all while trying to write a speech (two speeches each, actually) for student council elections and yearbook representative. On Monday! 

Don't get me wrong, my smart and loving friends. I'm all for education. Like, totally ALL in for the wealth of knowledge that is going on up in here. But, goodness. It was a lot. It's great. It's important. I'm not complaining, just questioning. Was it like this for us? Do I just not remember? Lord knows my memory is not what it used to be. When I was memorizing the preamble to the Constitution, for instance. That was also last night, forgot to throw that in there. 

Good thing I've got twins. We can divide and conquer. "Share" our information we looked up. Don't tell anyone I said that. ;)

Here's a look at what my study looks like lately on school nights... When the girls aren't falling on the floor in frustration because they got different answers on math question number 24. I was hiding in the bathroom for that. With wine. 




Comments

  1. Oh I so understand! Divide and conquer tho, I am envious of that plan :) "We the people"...Mr. Townsend, 8th grade. I remember useless things like that, but can't remember the really useful things like "take wine when you hide in the bathroom" :) Thank you for the reminder!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts