New Mexico

I had the pleasure of spending time in New Mexico this weekend. Although it was under sad circumstances, and lots of hearts are broken, it was quite wonderful to be around my family that I don't often get to see. My husband is from this great place and so, under his direction, I shot pictures through the car window as we rolled along. He showed me all of the land marks that must have left an indelible impression on him. It was fun listening to his stories. His history. 


I will try to write the first words that come to mind when I think of these New Mexico towns.  Long, straight roads. Flat. Cattle. COMMUNITY. FAMILY. LOVE. Heritage. Windy. Gorgeous sunsets. Caring. Generous. Amazing People. Cowboy hats. Trucks. RANCH. Belt buckles. Cowboy boots. Awesomeness. MY HUSBAND. Running N. Brown dirt. Snakes. Respect. Last, but far from least, an incredible feeling of acceptance.  I mean all of these things in a nothing but positive light! Even Snakes! It's a fantastic place to visit, thank you for having me. For all of you in NM, from my husband's perspective and my lens.......


Hello there, pretty fellow

The Running N Ranch

Aunt Jenny and Uncle John's 


Out back. (Where I saw that snake!)
Aunt Victoria and Acey. His mommy is Beautiful, too. I'm sorry I didn't' get her picture!
           
Aunt Jenny's charming things. Love.


Gotta have a red(dish) barn in there!

My husband's home town

The Mr. wanted a picture of this?

And this?



If you can't find what you need here. You are out of luck.  It's the only game in town.

They serve cheese on a stick! And it is fabulous.







This beautiful boy, belongs to Marissa. I needed a pic with you, M!

Aunt Victoria. And Acey. Again. Because they are both so darn pretty!

I like this guy too.

Grandmother Cooper







My man liked this photo. He took it! He was photographing and driving. Don't tell.
The Ranch at sunset. See you next time, Running N.
It was so wonderful to see everyone! Nate picked most of the spots to photograph... It was funny.... Lots of places that he loves have to do with food. Love to all of you. Muah!























Comments

  1. Maxi, thank you, beautiful, loving and interesting. You could see how proud Nate was to have you with him.
    Love,
    GIGI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maxi,
    I love this NM post. I love all the pictures. I agree with Nate that the last picture "he shot" was emotional and a story teller. I love that everyone has a story and everyone is "brought up" somewhere. I like to look back to remember the places, moments, emotions of what helped make me who I am and who I don't want to be when I grow up. Muah to you as well, Maxi!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts