In MY Corner.

My husband and I got the Mayweather vs. Canelo fight. And though there were no KO's to speak of, it was awesome. I loved the lead up to the fight... Getting to know these guys a little.. Their differences. I liked them both equally and couldn't decide who to cheer for. Mayweather, a veteran. A winner. Never lost, not one single time. Boastful, confident, and every reason to be. Canelo, a young gun. Eager, hungry. It was a good match. Even though I usually root for the underdog, I just couldn't help cheering for Mayweather. The dude is fast. And happy. Smiling. He is cocky to beat the band, but still humble. (Sort of.)

But you know what sticks in my mind the most? Their boxing corner. Their people. The ones that took care of them. Gave them advice. Cleaned their wounds. Hyped them up. Encouraged. Loved. Believed in them. No matter how many times they got punched in the face. 

Got me thinking about my corner. And your corner. How in life you are always going to be dodging punches. Every day. Bobbing and weaving. Ducking the right jab that someone or something is trying to land on your jaw. The obstacles. The good news? Look in your corner. 

There you will find the important stuff. Your people. And you will never lose sight of them. And at the end of the day, they are all that matters anyway. No matter what battles you have won or lost. Because they stick to close to you. Your husband. Your wife. Your mother. Your father. Your sons and daughters. Your support. The ones that have known you the longest and the most likely to stick by you always. Your biggest fans from way back when. They don't jack around. And they won't stand for anyone jacking around with you.

My people are my heart and soul. They've got my back. My husband. My children. My mother. Right there in my corner. Even when I screw up they are right there helping me, guiding me. Cleaning my wounds. Encouraging me, loving, believing in me. And I for them. I won't ever leave their corner. That's a promise. 

So when life is cray cray and throwing punches in your direction. Look in your corner. There you will undoubtedly find

Your other half. 
Your babies.
Your very best friend.
Your forevers.

And then feel good. Because they will never ever knock you down. And they will always help you back up. No one in the world can take that away. I love the forevers in my corner. MUAH!



Comments

Popular Posts