Wait a minute. Surely school isn't out..

Just a quick little post tonight. To let you know that today about did. me. in. Goodness gracious. Trying to squeeze lots of things into one, single, little bitty day. Ever had one of those? A good day, yes. A packed out, crazy, never stop, pedal to the metal day, YES. A glass of wine day, yes please...

School will be out tomorrow. Oh dear. I haven't thought this far into the year. Summer. Is it here already? All of the emails, graduations, and functions are telling me that is is here undoubtedly.. But my brain is saying it isn't so. Surely I'm not about to have four kiddos waking up wanting to be entertained 24/7.. surely. 

I'm glad, really I am. For them. I remember the excitement as a child. SUMMER! WAHOO! Thank you, Jesus, it is here.. But as an adult? The pressure! What will I ever plan today that will satisfy? What can I serve for lunch? How on earth will I get any work done around here? How many times will I hear, "I'm bored." How much money will I have to spend at Chuck E. Cheese? 

On the flip side, I won't have to set an alarm, I guess..  It will be replaced by little feet and little puffy faces sauntering into our room at 6am. Because during the school year they hate to get up. But come summer, UP AT THE CRACK! We won't have to check homework folders or cafeteria menus. Pack lunch boxes or complete projects. We can spend time with our little people and an occasional sweet exchange from our bigs. We can take walks and play in sprinklers and laugh a whole bunch. (In between the times we are yelling at each other.) We can chill outside and throw schedules out the window. It is summer after all.

But to tell you the truth, summer scares me to death. 

Happy end of school, Y'all. Hope you have some camps lined up. And your registration complete to all of those Vacation Bible Schools.. ;) Our children will be Methodist, Presbyterian, Baptist, Pentecostal, and various other denominations this year... After all, you can never get enough Jesus. And that's the truth...

Comments

Popular Posts