Pure Joy.

There are many things in this world that bring us joy. And I mean that joy that you feel way down deep inside you. That jolts you. Wakes you up. Puts a smile on your face that you can't wipe off.... or, just as powerful, that joy that warms you. Makes you feel secure, safe, loved, special. Still, putting that smile on your face when you conjure up the thought of it, thought of them, or thought of a moment that happened... That joy. 

For me, there are too many things to count. Big things, little things. Things that no one else knows that bring me joy, things that everyone and their dog knows that bring me joy... My mama's voice. My brother's laugh. The color of my children's eyes and how they light up, the same color as their daddy's. The twin's freckles. A glance from my husband. His smell. Finding his foot under the covers in the middle of the night. My cold sheets. Big, giant rain drops. When certain songs come on the radio. Old pictures. Watching my kids play sports. My son's puffy eyes when he wakes up. GC's belly laugh. My family. So many joyful things. 

If you are lucky enough to be surrounded by the things that bring you joy. The good stuff. Things that life is made of. Thank your lucky stars and hold on tight. 

This woman right here, you can tell what brings her pure joy. The kiddos look pretty darn happy too.... :)  A wonderful NM visit... Thank you for all that you do, GiGi.. And thanks for being patient waiting on this little photograph! ;)



Comments

Popular Posts