Whom Shall I Fear?

In all of the tragedy on this day, it makes me want to run to pick up my daughters from school. It makes me rage with emotion. Anger, disbelief, confusion, fear.  I'm scared for the world on days like today. I try not to be, but I am.

On days like this, we must grab on to Faith, I guess.  And believe in the Good. It is there. And it easy to lose sight of it on days like today. There is nothing fair or even comprehendible about the happenings in Connecticut. It is surreal. It makes us sick to our stomachs. It numbs us. It makes us cry in front of the television. Clutch our kids. And yes, it makes us want to pick them up early from school. 

I know, however, my girls would read that fear on my face. And in turn, feel scared. They should not ever have to feel like the place where they go to learn is a dangerous place. The lady on the news is telling me that the event that unfolded today is a rare occurrence. It is bizarre. That we need to understand that. I understand it, but it doesn't make it any less scary. It still hits close to home when we all send our babies off to school each day. "Goodbye, honey, have a good day!" Without a thought in the world that something horrific could happen to them. Well, now we know. I don't like the thought that it is possible and no one is immune. Not even kindergarteners. 

I do hope my children never catch wind of it, however.  I will not watch the news in front of them. Because I don't want their innocence to be broken. I feel like that chips away enough, little by little, by plenty else around them. Unfortunately. They should feel safe in their environment. My heart is broken for the victims and their families and I have bowed my head in prayer more than once and I will continue to do so. God bless them. Wrap your arms around them as only You can. 

Kiss your babies tonight. Their little sweet faces. Count their eyelashes. Tickle their toes. Tell them you love them higher than any sky. And deeper than any ocean. And pray for those who do not get to. Hit your knees.  

Be grateful. Be hopeful. Remember the good in the world instead of the bad. Even when everything around us is trying to tell us otherwise. 

"If the Lord is my light, of whom shall I be afraid?" 

Comments

Popular Posts