365: In living color.

I sort of fell of the face of the earth this weekend, friends. Sorry about that. For some reason I wanted to stay clear of the computer. The internet. The news. The papers. I felt like I was under water and needed to come up for air. 

When something tragic happens, I feel like I need to leave everything alone and (as another brilliant blogger put it) "hold space" for love, understanding, peace.  You can find her words on momastery.com. She has a lot of very honest and true things to say there. 

So I left everything alone for a few days. I prayed a lot. I worried a lot. I looked around in the crowds I came into contact with and wondered if there were any crazy people among them waiting to shoot up the place. Seriously. These were my thoughts. The victims and families weighed heavily on my heart. I cried. I played things over and over in my mind. I pictured the babies and their beautiful faces. The teachers. And then I had to get myself together and ready my mind to send my own beautiful babies off to school. I'm sure like many other parents, our drop off was emotional. And scary. But, we must trudge on. As the human race, we will move forward. Persist. Live on. Replace the fear of the bad with the belief in the good. We must. 

Have a blessed week. Have a grateful heart, not a fearful one. And please, love one another.

Posting a picture in COLOR. We all need a little "bright" right now. And my Chloe is certainly bright in every sense of the word.

Canon Mark III, 50mm/1.8, in an open doorway, 45 degree angle, facing the sun


Comments

Popular Posts