Mama Tries.

Hi guys. How was your mother's day? Are you like me and wish you could get a couple more just like it?? Extend it a little? 

It's awesome, isn't it? Waking up to little hands just dying to give you the gift they made. Or picked out... A sweet card from your husband that makes you cry. Pretty, fresh tulips adorning the kitchen table. I love everything about it. The feeling of appreciation for what you do every day. It's like Christmas morning. But even better! And I'm not going to be selfish here, I think daddy's should get a few more days too... Father's Day should be set on repeat.

There's no doubt as mamas we love what God has given us. We feel like it is what we were meant to do. There is also no doubt that it all gets to be a lot from time to time. When your days start running together and you are never, ever out of the school pick up line. Where you have voices screaming at you from every single room in the house from the time you get up to the time you go to bed. Even then, you get to lay down to read 35 stories, or listen to your first grader read. I love that. But at 8:30pm, this mama's patience is wearing thin as I listen. And it take 62 years to read three pages. 

I know we all talk about the good stuff (yes, it totally outweighs the challenging stuff), but my goodness. Peace and quiet is so hard to come by. I don't even need a lot of it. Just a little. 

This is not to say that I do not appreciate or love my little darlings. I DO! Along with their daddy, they are my WORLD. I'm just keeping it real, y'all. I will sum it up... Vacations are awesome. Just sayin'.

And Mother's Day is awesome. Right when you think you about to blow, you receive something like this:


Ba BAM! You are overwhelmed with thankfulness and love and happiness. From flowers. Because your man and your children thought about you. And went to the store. And you didn't have to. Beautifulness. 

You get stuff like this too. That moves you right to tears. (And makes you feel like crap for the 38 hundred times you yelled. In a 12 hour period.) ;)




Best of all, you get to look at faces like this. Faces, that even though they have been sick and needy and cranky and up all night for 2 nights in a row, make you so filled with emotion that you cannot keep it inside. I mean, look at him curled up, with his game ball he earned, that he will not let go of. 


Yes, I am richly blessed. Blessed beyond measure as a wife and a mother. My family is my very soul. 

And even though I get impatient and on edge, I never forget how very lucky I am. 

Hope your Mother's Day was incredible. You deserve it. Now go take a vacation with your husband. You deserve that too! Muah!







Comments

Popular Posts