Copy Catter.

So I'm a copy catter today. I love this little facebook post from my friend (although I've not met her), Glennon at Momastery. She's raw, she's funny, and she's incredibly real. Like, real to the point that it's crazy the things that she admits. Or, it's refreshing. Can't decide which. I love her. She spends her time helping those who need any kind of comfort. She raises money for families who need it. She finds homes for teenage mommas and their babies. She is making a difference in this big world. Little by little. Her words are always simple, but never fail to be profound. She's just a pretty little thing that has been a lot of places and had plenty of highs and lows and puts it into perspective for all of us. With her writing. She's the real deal. So, here's her post. Reminds me of me wandering around room to room looking for my coffee cup that is always in the micro... 



While my babies are at school, I spend half the day writing stories to you and the other half reading stories from you. The other half I spend wandering from room to room trying to figure out what the hell I came there for and also wondering where my coffee went and then giving up and pouring another cup and then finding the lost cup in the microwave when I go to heat up the frozen dinner peas 12 hours later. Also, fractions aren’t really my spiritual gift.

I read every letter, email, and comment that you spend your precious time writing to me. And opening my heart to your stories has changed me. I no longer see women as just people – I see each woman as a rich novel packed with stories of redemption and pain and great loss and triumph. I dream that heaven will be time to read every single person’s life story. THAT would be heaven for me- so I create a little slice for myself here- with Momastery. I consider myself a carrier of women's stories. A space holder. A secret keeper. It's the most profound gift Momastery has offered me - my new awareness that as I go through my day, I share the space in my grocery store, car pool line, church meetings, work conferences and home with WARRIORS. What you (and all of us) face and overcome shatters and then rebuilds my hope – over and over again, every single day. I just wanted to say thank you. Thank you for your trust and courage and love. Wandering and Wondering in Florida, G
513

Comments

Popular Posts