Where the Wild Things Are.

Well. Last year, I set up a cute little desk. I put antique books on it. A ruler. A shiny red apple. I even found a globe. Got that thing out and had a nice little "theme" for my children's back to school pictures. Fast forward to 2013. I'll let these photographs do most of the talking for themselves. No hairbrush. No shirt. Acting like wild things the entire time. Did I mention that I started trying to take their photographs at 9am. These finally took place around noon. (Hell on a camera. Hell on a photog. Hell on a mama.) Not really. We actually laughed our heads off. I gave up control and let it be. I just let. it. be.

So, here you go. 2013. Your 'not so ordinary back to school pictures.' They will have to do. Because I'm not doing it again. HA! Just this once, though... They did show me that it should be fun. Quit worrying so much about it and deal with the silly. It's WAY more fun that way. They were so right. Look at those faces. I let them do whatever they wanted to in front of that camera. Made me start playing around too... Different views. Different perspective. From my lens, from my angle, most importantly.. from my take on things in general... It was a good day. :)























Comments

Popular Posts