And... They are Off.

Early alarm. Lunches packed. Nervous little ones milling about. Clothes laid out. Backpacks shiny and new. School is back in session. And while every single year I love this day.. I also fret all day long about it.  Are they finding their classes? Are kids being friendly? Are they making good choices? Did I pack the right stuff in their lunch? How about that face she had when daddy kissed her goodbye? Was that sadness? Or excitement? Both, maybe. 

As much as I go on and on about how glad I am for school to begin, that old familiar feeling creeps up, just the same one that finds me every year. Lump in my throat. Tears that brim my eyes and threat to spill out. Every year. Just like the excitement, thrill and hint of nervousness finds our kiddos, that pang of 'back to school' feeling finds me. Reminds me that time isn't slowing down. Not at all. Another year is here. Hello first grade. Hello seventh grade. Whatcha got for us??

Have a good day baby girls. Mom and Dad love ya. We support you. And we will be smiling ear to ear to see your faces at the end of day one. 






Daddy encouragement. <3

And then there is this one. At least I've still got him home with me one more year.  He was real concerned about his sisters going to school. As you can tell. Sticking that face into the wind with not a care in the world. Enjoy it, bud. Enjoy it. :)




Comments

Popular Posts