Coal In My Stocking.

GoodNESS it's been a while! Hi guys! Any of you just a tiny bit frazzled with the Holiday approaching? Huh? Are you staring at that Christmas list? Looking at that scary Elf? The one that interrupts your sleep because you forgot to move the damn thing? 

Uh-huh.. you know what I'm talking about. Goofy elf. I get totally warm and cozy, then BAM! I remember the elf. Sometimes I get out from under the comforter to move him, sometimes I don't. Just depends on the day. 

Instead of all of these crafty photos you moms put on Facebook about where your little elf is, I wish you would just post the lie you told your kiddos about why he didn't move last night. Post that mess so I can copy it. I need some new explanations to tell my own children! 

Anyway... I really do love this time of year. It's festive, it's busy, it's... in a word.. MAGICAL. Even though it's magical, it's still extremely crazy. Parties and programs and trees and shopping. Hey, we don't even have one single light up outside. And I'm good with that. I wonder what the neighbors must think, however. Their lights and snowmen have been up since November 29. We look like a dark hole at night on our street. The scary neighbors. I try to put on all of the porch lights. Make it look like something.. Put that tree close to the front door... It has lights on it for Heaven's sake. Some of them even flash on and off...

Guess what else? Our Elf, when I saw him in the bottom of the box of Christmas decor... I hid that thing. No lie. Right under our bed. Two days later, well into the month of December, mind you, my son came in and casually said... "Mom, have you seen our elf?" "Um. No. I have no idea why he hasn't surfaced yet." "Really? Mom. I found him under your and daddy's bed." Whoops. Little turkey. Found the elf. And I am getting coal in my stocking for sure. 

So listen, if you don't have your tree up yet.. If you haven't wrapped a single gift.. Do not feel bad. Give yourself a break. It will all get done. It will. I keep telling myself this. Don't worry or stress or freak out. (I mean if you do, that's okay too... ) I freak out a lot. But try not to at Christmas. It's not about all of that stuff everyone says needs to be done. Break tradition. It's okay. I promise. Just be thankful and merry and joyful. Be happy and lighthearted and gracious. Look at your kids and see how the magic makes their little eyes light up. Make cookies and messes and paper snowflakes. Read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" every single night. Be bright. Be loving. Be forgiving. Like the ONE who's birthday we celebrate on Christmas Day. Live like Him. For Him. And all of your troubles will fade away. 

Many Blessings to you all this crazy, beautiful Holiday season. Hold your loved ones tight. And love them hard. Another year is slipping right by... MUAH. Love...




Comments

Popular Posts