Bring It.

Hi friends, family, and all the people that I love. Love. Love. The last day of the year. See ya later 2013. It has been a good one, it has been a bad one. All in the same breath, there, Max... All in the same breath, because that's how this year resonates in my brain. 

It has been plagued by death. It has been blessed by change. It has been confusing, it has made me see clearly. It has brought so much laughter, it has caused so much crying. It has made me a better person, to see what I needed to focus a little more on. It has thrown joy, big joy into my life that I haven't known for a while and also sent a little pain my way too.. But here I am. A little wiser. A lot Happy. More blessed than ever. So how can I ever possibly complain. I am strong. I am healthy. I am loved. Therefore, I am thankful.

Looking 2014 in the face, here is what I will do:

I will love more. I will open my heart and show it. I will believe more. I will hold my children longer. I will respect my husband. I will hold his hand. I will have his back and let him have mine. I will have the backs of my children, especially if any single one of us ever has our back against the wall. I will protect. I will make our home a warm, safe place to land every single day. 

I will take time to listen. I will not be influenced by any social media. In fact, Facebook is a goner for me.  I see the good in it, I do. But I also see the bullshit and the trouble it can cause. I was fine before it, I will be fine after it. 

I will worry less. Waste of time. I will trust and believe in the very best scenario as opposed to conjuring up a false one in my brain. Imagination. That thing can run wild, can't it? Stop it. You can control it, you know. 

I will be happy and focus on my family. I will focus not on what others think of me. Only thing that matters to me is what my husband thinks, my children, my mother, and God Himself. If I'm proud at the end of the day of how I have made them feel then I have had a successful day. I will not take a single one of them for granted. EVER. They are my happy.

I will be considerate and kind to others. Who knows what storm they have been asked to walk through. I will smile. I will give. I will do my best to live in a way that is a blessing to those around me. 

I am excited for the new year. I will work hard and love even harder. I will play and laugh and take time for me and my family. It will be a good one. And we all know how quickly it will fly by. Just go and look right now at your babies. They are bigger and older than they were five minutes ago. So go on... Appreciate and be well... From all of us Erdmann's to you..big huge blessings in the new year.

MGE


Comments

Popular Posts