Loved.

My goodness. Didn't mean to leave you high and dry in blog land! It's been a while...  Busy season. Graduations. End of school. Pre-registering for more school. Sports physicals. More graduations. Parties. Is this May or something? 

The season of change. Welcomed change. And scary change for some. With kids going off to college. New chapters. New horizons. I love this month. Saying goodbye to winter... Hello summer time. I get a little buzz inside of me. A warmth. I feel good things. I'm on the Springtime high. And I'm not coming down. Something about it. I can't help but smile when I see my husband. Throw my arms around my son. Laugh with my girls. And just get busy being happy.

This has me thinking about our big girls. Their seasons of change. How time is flying by so quickly. We have these twin girls running around our house. And though they are far from graduating and leaving the nest, it somehow doesn't seem so far. I stop and look at them sometimes and wonder where the time has gone. Weren't they just wearing their Cinderella costumes to dinner? Carrying around barbies and sitting on my lap? 

All too often I point out the bad stuff. Because let's face it. 12 year old girls really do think they know absolutely everything. So, I lose it every now and then. After all, we expect certain behavior in our household. It is important. But I have to remember too, that they need to hear the good stuff. How incredible they are. Smart. Important. Beautiful. How much we love them. It's a balancing act. I need to remember to express the good stuff to everyone a little more often. Smile more. Laugh more. Love bigger. Harder. Be appreciative. 

 I'm focusing on the important stuff. The people that I love. The time I need to spend with them. Even if it just means sitting there quiet. You don't have to fill up the space with talk. Just be there. Ever wonder why when something happens, either good or terrible, you run to these people? Because you love them. And they love you. You are safe and secure in their arms. They make everything okay.

And because most of the time all we all really need to be is LOVED.










Comments

Popular Posts