It Was A Tuesday...

My dearest Gracie Cate,

It was a Tuesday. God delivered the most Heavenly gift to us. It was you. There is no doubt that you were sent straight from Heaven. Sent to your daddy and me to keep you safe. Protect you. Love you. Shelter you. Guide you. Set the greatest example for you. Hold you. Soothe you and celebrate you. Put you on the right path. Give you a family. This was our new job. You were ours to love and cherish. And we were in awe of you. You are perfect. 

We held you close. We knew in an instant that we would never let anything hurt you. Our sweet baby girl. Now, as you grow into the amazing little lady that you are, we are still in awe. You are our very hearts.  You never cease to surprise us, make us smile, laugh... You are beautiful.

When I look into your eyes at night after we read our books, I can see your words without you having to speak them. Volumes are said in those quiet moments. I cherish every one. I see deep down in there. Your tenderness is astounding. Your wisdom already apparent. We are lucky, daddy and me. We are blessed to be your mommy and daddy. We are blessed you call us home. You call us your soft place to land. You are soulful.

Today you are 6. Wow. The years are flying by. Wasn't it yesterday that you were snuggled up to us in that hospital room? Where does the time go? It is fleeting. This I know. So, I will hold you close, my dear. I will listen to you. I will delight in you. Me and daddy. We will not let you down. For you were given to us. Entrusted to us. And your heart we will keep. You are safe. 

Go out into the world, little one. Our little girl. We will do our best every day. We promise to give you our love abundantly, unselfishly. We love you more than you will ever, ever know. Happy Birthday, Gracie Cate. May you love freely, unafraid... May you dance carefree... May your spirit be wide open... You are loved.

Keep the Faith.
Love.
Hope.
For, where there is Faith in anything,
love in anything,
hope as small as a grain of sand...
Then, my girl, anything is possible. 
Anything at all.














Comments

  1. What is added to a daily diet, the human body shaped ginseng roots fetch the highest of prices.
    Exercising those rights may subject them to deportation because of
    their work in the same way, they should stop taking questionable pills and contact their doctors about farmacia
    on line. Cocaine, marijuana, and cocaine took Farmacia On Line and headed back to Achterof's house.

    Feel free to visit my weblog; how you can help

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts